This map is gonna be your guide to Litchfield.
- Child of Rage: A documentary about a young girl who was sexually abused when she was a year old. She has a desire to murder her entire family and carries out numerous disturbing tasks.
- The Scariest Drug in the World: Scopolamine is a drug that when taken keeps a person coherent but makes them open to follow commands. It’s been used to make people steal, as a rape drug and a way to humiliate people. It’s known as a “chemical hypnosis”. This film documents people’s experience with it.
- Demonic Possession and Exorcism: The footage you are about to witness contains highly disturbing material.
- An Interview with a Cannibal: An interview with a man named, Issei Sagawa who committed a pretty horrific crime. He butchered and raped a young Dutch women because he wanted to absorb her “energy”. He spent 3 days consuming her flesh.
- The Bridge: A film on the Golden Gate Bridge, which captures the number of suicides. Many describe it as a powerful documentary, that leaves a lasting impression.
- High on Crack Street: Shows just how badly crack ruins lives. A great portrayal of the harsh, dark side of drugs.
- Aokigahara/Suicide Forest: A geologist walks through the forest and shows us what he sees. Definitly contains some depressing material.
- Atomic Wounds: The effect of a nuclear weapon on a mass number of people. It’s disheartening, it’s horrifying, but it’s reality.
- Just Melvin, Just Evil: A documentary about a tormented family who suffered from sexual abuse and substance abuse because of one man. It leaves you wondering how can one man be so destructive?
- Earthlings: One of the most intense documentaries made about animal abuse. Footage contains graphic material.
Feel free to add to this list :)
A sequel to my top 10 disturbing documentaries
- Through the Wormhole: Is there Life After Death: My most favorite one because it’s on a topic, that’s my life goal to answer scientifically. Morgan Freedman dives deep into this question, using neuroscience and quantum physics as an attempt to figure out an answer.
- Extraordinary People: The Little Mermaid: The story of Shiloh Pepin, the girl who was born with her legs fused together so she resembles a mermaid. This website described it as “her incredible story is a rollercoaster of emotions—one minute, you’re laughing at her precocious, adorable personality, the next you’re crying at the injustice of the world and her beyond-her-years wisdom.”
- The Boy Who Lived Before: Fascinating reincarnation case about a 5 year old boy who remembers a past life.
- The Boy Who Sees Without Eyes: Ben Underwood had his eyes removed at the age of 3 because of retinal cancer. But he uses echolocation (like dolphins) to do many things like get around and even play sports.
- The Twins Who Share a Body: Take a look into the world of twins who share one body.
- Magic of the Unconscious: Your unconscious mind is a lot more powerful than you think
- A Virus Called Fear: The power of fear and what irrational fear can lead to. This is a short documentary, about 20 minutes.
- The Brain, Sensory Deprivation and Isolation: Six ordinary people faced complete sensory deprivation. What happens to the brain when this happens? I couldn’t find the full documentary and linked you to the video with program highlights.
- The Mystery of the People Frozen in Time: Dive into the world of Pompeii, an ancient city destroyed by the volcano Vesuvius, where there are the hardened remains of people in the last few seconds of their lives.
- Children of Darkness: Tragic as it is interesting, this oscar winning documentary explores the lives of mentally ill children and exposes the abuse they faced in Eastern State School and Hospital.
Feel free to add to this by the way :)
DMT: The Spirit Molecule: An investigation into the long-obscured mystery of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a molecule found in nearly every living organism and considered the most potent psychedelic on Earth.
All of those are amazing documentaries and I feel this one would be a great add.
Charted info on some of the most insane serial killers.
The Lakes of Kelimutu - Indonesia
The lakes of Kelimutu are three crater lakes which change colors(black, blue, green, and red) overtime due to volcanic activity that started millions of years ago.
Locals consider this place to be sacred. They believe that the lakes change colors according to the souls of the dead that end up there. The east lake is also called “tiwu ata polo” or the lake for evil spirits, while the center lake is known as “tiwu nua muri koo fai” or the lake for young souls, while the west lake is called “tiwu ata mbupu” or the lake for the souls of the elderly and wise people.